The PC training center is called Tubaniso. Trainers live at the same site as the volunteers. We will be at the training site for the next 5 days. On Tuesday the 8th we ship out to homestays for the remainder of training. Homestay sites are TBD.
- Electricity in each hut and ceiling fans. We are enjoying the luxury while we can.
- We arrived at the end of the "cold season." This means it was 85 when we went to bed last night. (In the coming months we will provide a Fahrenheit vs. Celsius lesson)
- George rallied volunteers and Malian trainers for a game of sand volleyball before dinner.
- I saw a lizard let itself into our hut. Since apparently lizards eat bugs, I welcome our new roommate.
- Peace Corps language exam today confirmed the fact that I (Anna) am a novice at the French language. George's exam is on Saturday.
- Peace Corps is hosting a Cultural Festival on Sunday at the training center which should give us a glimpse of traditional Malian food and music. We hope you all enjoy America's annual Cultural Festival (aka the Superbowl) on Sunday as well.
- We will be getting cellphones and it is free for us to receive calls. Don't hesitate to take advantage of your West African long distance calling plans. Phone numbers TBA.
- We will try to take some soon. Based on the internet connection here we may or may not be able to upload much.